Welcome to TalentKit Limited (“Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”).
Commitment to Privacy
TalentKit Limited takes the privacy of individuals very seriously. We are committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the personal data in our custody or control and protecting such data in accordance with applicable legislation. TalentKit Limited regularly re-evaluates its privacy and security practices and adapts them as necessary to deal with new regulatory requirements, changes in legislation, its Services, and/or security standards.
This document can be printed for reference by using the print command in the settings of any browser.
1. DATA WE COLLECT
Whenever we collect Personal Data from you, we let you know and you will be able to access the following precise information:
- personal Data we have collected from you;
- the basis on which we are holding it (e.g. because you gave us consent);
- what we will do with it;
- how long we will hold it for;
- who it might be shared with;
- your rights in relation to your Personal Data;
- information on how you can access and manage Personal Data;
We have provided further detail below about the specific types of Personal Data we collect and our reasons for doing so.
1.1 Whose Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect Personal Data about:
- our Website visitors ("Visitors");
- people who use our Services ("Users").
1.2 What Personal Data Do We Ask You to Provide to Us, and Why?
TalentKit Limited typically collects the following categories of Personal Data:
- biographical data such as first and last name;
- contact data such as email address;
- User's LinkedIn public identifier - this information is necessary to provide AuthoredUp services;
- other personal information, such as biography, job title, job experience, etc., are collected directly from User's LinkedIn account(s);
- data related to User's LinkedIn activity to provide a comprehensible understanding of content performance and impact on profile and network (content statistics such as views, engagements, timestamps of publication, as well as profile statistics and insights such as profile views, network details related to connection and follower growth);
- any other Personal Data that you may decide to share with us, for example, such as communication and support data that you share when you contact us.
When you access our Websites and Services, whether by computer, mobile phone or any other device, we automatically collect certain information about your use of our Websites which may include, among other things: geographical location and IDs of the device, bandwidth used; system and connection performance; browser type and version; operating system; referral source; length of visit; page views; IP address or other unique identifier of your device.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual person.
1.3 How We Can Use Your Personal Data?
TalentKit Limited may use the collected Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide, maintain, administer, support, protect and improve the Services;
- to provide customer support;
- to allow our partners to provide their services;
- to manage and administer your account;
- to handle and process your inquiries;
- to send newsletters to you;
- to process your payments;
- to respond to your requests for exercising your privacy rights under the applicable data protection laws;
- to enforce compliance with the Terms and Conditions;
- to investigate any illegal activity or wrongdoing in connection with the Services;
- for troubleshooting, investigating and fixing service-related errors. In such cases, Personal Data may be visible to and/or accessed by technicians, IT staff and/or system administrators authorized by TalentKit Limited;
- to carry out TalentKit Limited’s legal obligations;
- to establish compliance with the data protection laws during an audit or inspection conducted by an appropriate data protection authority.
2. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
TalentKit Limited may share your Personal Data with certain third-party service providers to facilitate the provision of our Services. This includes sharing data with TalentKit doo (Veljka Dugosevica 54, 11050 Belgrade, Serbia), our main provider of software, maintenance, and support, which holds an ISO27001 license. Such collaboration ensures the seamless delivery of our services to you.
We take great care in selecting our partners and ensure that any transfer of your Personal Data complies with applicable laws and regulations. Some of our partners, including TalentKit doo, may be located in countries outside of the EU. We require that transfers of your Personal Data to such partners are subject to appropriate safeguards, including contractual arrangements approved by the European Commission, to ensure an adequate level of protection.
Your Personal Data may be shared in the following specific situations:
- Legal Requirements: If required by law, to protect an individual's life, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule, or regulation.
- Business Transitions: In case of sale or transfer of all or a portion of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other company change.
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of your Personal Data and ensure that any sharing aligns with our core values of trust, transparency, and compliance with legal norms.
3. SALE OF DATA
At TalentKit Limited, we prioritize the privacy and integrity of our users' Personal Data. In alignment with our commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards, we adhere to the following best practices:
No Sale of Data: We firmly assert that we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes. Your information remains confidential and is used solely to enhance your experience with our AuthoredUp Services.
No Ad Monetization: Your Personal Data is never used for ad monetization or targeted advertising. We recognize the importance of maintaining the privacy of your information and refrain from practices that may compromise your trust in our services.
A cookie is a small text file which includes a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to the browser on your computer, mobile phone or any other internet-enabled device when you visit the Website. Cookies and similar technologies are widely used to make websites work efficiently and to collect information about your online preferences. For simplicity, we refer to all these technologies as "cookies".
Some of our website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs, tags or pixels) that allow us to count users who have visited our pages. Web beacons collect only limited information, e.g. a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any information that could directly identify you.
We use the following types of cookies on our Websites:
Strictly Necessary cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites;
Performance and Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable;
Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our websites for you;
Social Networking Cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our websites through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE?
We keep your Personal Data secure:
- by implementing and maintaining commercially reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of Personal Data we process;
- by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff;
- by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when Personal Data is submitted to us online.
6. DATA BREACH RESPONSE AND NOTIFICATION
TalentKit Limited recognizes the importance of securing your LinkedIn profile information and other Personal Data. In the unlikely event of a data breach that compromises the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your Personal Data, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Immediate Response: Upon discovering a data breach, we will take immediate steps to contain and mitigate the breach, including coordinating with our security team, third-party experts, and relevant authorities as needed.
- Investigation: We will promptly conduct a thorough investigation to determine the scope and impact of the breach, including identifying the affected individuals and the nature of the compromised data.
- Notification: In compliance with applicable laws and regulations, we will notify the affected individuals without undue delay. This notification will include details of the breach, the type of data affected, the actions taken to mitigate the breach, and guidance on protective measures that individuals can take.
- Regulatory Reporting: Where required by law, we will report the breach to the relevant data protection authorities, including providing necessary details and cooperating fully with any subsequent investigation.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Improvement: We will continuously monitor the situation and implement additional security measures as needed to prevent future breaches. Lessons learned from the breach will be integrated into our ongoing security practices to enhance overall data protection.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to TalentKit Limited. The Services are not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18) years and TalentKit Limited does not knowingly solicit, collect or process Personal Data from persons under eighteen (18) years of age. If TalentKit Limited learns about the processing of Personal Data of persons whose age has not reached the required legal minimum under the applicable laws, TalentKit Limited will take the appropriate steps to delete this information without undue delay.
9. CONTROLLER AND PROCESSOR
In relation to Clients and Users, TalentKit Limited acts as Controller and as Processor of their Personal Data.
TalentKit Limited shall adhere to the following general principles with respect to Personal Data processing:
- not to collect more Personal Data than is necessary for the purpose of providing the Services;
- to ensure that all employees authorized by TalentKit Limited to process Personal Data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality;
- not to knowingly solicit, access, collect and/or process any sensitive categories of Personal Data.
10. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Where TalentKit Limited acts as a Controller, TalentKit Limited’s legal basis for processing the Personal Data will depend on the purposes of the processing. TalentKit Limited will collect and process Personal Data based on the following legal bases:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the User is a party, particularly for the provision of the Services;
- consent (e.g. to send you newsletters via email);
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which TalentKit Limited is subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as marketing, troubleshooting and fixing errors on our Website or improving our Services.
If there is another legal basis for TalentKit Limited to collect and process Personal Data, TalentKit Limited will provide the required notification to the User at or before the time the Personal Data is collected.
11. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may include links to, or otherwise direct the User’s attention towards, websites operated by third parties and not by TalentKit Limited. Such links are provided solely for User’s convenience and informational purposes. The inclusion of any link does not imply an association, support, endorsement, consent, examination, or approval by TalentKit Limited of such third party and third-party website (including without limitation any content on such website).
12. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If we process your Personal Data, you may have the following privacy rights:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Data;
- the right of access to your Personal Data and any supplementary information;
- the right to have any errors in your Personal Data rectified;
- the right to have your Personal Data erased;
- the right to block or suppress the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data from one IT environment to another;
- the right to withdraw your consent;
- the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
We give you the option to exercise your privacy rights via:
- the settings of your account;
- by using our request form.
We retain Personal Data for the duration of your relationship with us and two years after we cease to provide our Services to you.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the data protection authority in the member state of your habitual residence, place or work, or the alleged violation of your rights under the GDPR.
A user has the right to request that we delete all of their personal data by deleting their AuthoredUp account. This can be done by clicking on the "Delete my data" option within the account settings. Alternatively, users may request deletion by contacting our support team. Please note that deletion of personal data will result in the termination of your AuthoredUp account and may affect your ability to access certain services.
12.2 California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding your Personal Data under the CCPA. These include:
- the right to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected;
- the right to request deletion of Personal Data;
- the right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Data, if applicable;
- the right to non-discrimination for exercising your privacy rights under the CCPA.
13. CONTACT US
If you would like to get in touch about anything in this policy or about your Personal Data then please contact us at: [email protected].
71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden, London